Friday, December 30, 2016

Jiu Jitsu Diary - 5

Last night was great! I went down and trained at Suginami Aikikai in SOMA. Man, what a big beautiful open Aikido dojo.



Very nice place, well maintained. And I got basically a private lesson from 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt Master Clovis Silva and 3rd Degree BJJ Black Belt Lucio Muramatsu. There's like three 6th Degree Black Belts in the Bay Area (Clovis, Ralph, Cesar?), so it was pretty special and pretty awesome. I got to roll with two of their white belts, but their white belts are hardcore and serious, Jack and Tevin (sp?). We mostly went over how to get an Armbar from Back Control:


That video is a little more MMA than what we did, we did the first one, traditional with Gi. But that's basically the move. Often I find myself in in this situation and struggle for the Rear Naked Choke and wrist fight the whole time, so I'm pumped to find another attack from the back. And it was an honor to be instructed by Clovis and Lucio.

No comments:

Post a Comment