Monday, December 19, 2016

Jiu-Jitsu Diary - Day 1

So, I decided to take Conrad Biu's advice and keep a jiu-jitsu diary to track what I learn. So, here we go. Note: I'm starting this as a third stripe white belt, still wet behind the ears!

Today was a good roll. Lucio Muramatsu (third degree black belt) taught the class. We went over the Double Under Pass with a gi grip variation and hips out to the side to side-control to mount to S-guard to arm-bar. The coolest thing, though, was we went over what to do when you get to mount and they block. We did a four fingers out collar grip to neck pressure from full mount to get the guy on the bottom open up his arm and then you use your chest to trap the elbow. Very cool, at least for me, because I always find myself in the mount position and I try for a Kimura or Ezekiel or a double collar choke and once my opponent sees it coming, it's hard to slip in a submission after that point.

Anyhow, this isn't the video cause I couldn't really find one with all the Lucio variations, but it's a good reminder. 


No comments:

Post a Comment