Friday, April 29, 2011

New Serial (Mosaic) Fiction Line!

Hey Peoples,

So, the fantastic people over at Geek Girl on the Street were awesome enough to invite me to start up a line of serial fiction. Originally, we discussed developing a Dickensian (I've always wanted to use that word; check!) style sci-fi/horror serial fiction line. Easier said than done.

There are a lot of challenges to serial fiction, not the least of which is keeping it interesting. Instead I pitched to write a mosaic of stories ostensibly set in the same universe and around a central story line, but not limited by characters, setting, sequence, or theme. It's more like a shotgun effect of fiction. The other interesting challenge is that my bi-weekly line of fiction has to be ~1000 words or less for the internet attention span. Quite the challenge to create interesting characters, setting, and plot in 2-3 pages, but one I am eager to explore. It's all about brevity and implication.

At any rate, check it out, and let me know what you think. I'm pretty pumped.

Here's my first entry:


-m

No comments:

Post a Comment